The Council accepts applications for membership throughout the year. Applications submitted at this time will be considered for the 2020 recruitment of members for vacant positions.
- All applications must be received by the Council office no later than March 1 of each year for consideration in that year.
- Applicants must be one of the following:
- Parents of children with developmental disabilities
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- A person with a developmental disability who currently is or was in an institution.
- Immediate relative, parent or guardian of a person with a developmental disability who is or was in an institution.
- A representative of non-governmental or non-profit organization concerned with developmental disabilities.
- Agency representatives on the Council are determined by their agencies.
- Terms for all members are three years.
The Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities members are expected to not only attend quarterly meetings in Boise, but participate in setting both Five Year and yearly goals. As you consider whether you would like to be a part of the Council and its work, please review the following documents.
A Governor’s application must be completed and submitted with the Council application.
Submit the two required applications using one of these methods:
Attn: Council Applications
700 W. State Street, Suite 119
Boise, Idaho 83702
Please contact us for information on Membership.