The Council accepts applications for membership throughout the year. Applications submitted at this time will be considered for the 2021 recruitment of members for vacant positions.
- All applications must be received by the Council office no later than March 1 of each year for consideration in that year.
- Applicants must be one of the following:
- Parents of children with developmental disabilities
- Adults with developmental disabilities
- A person with a developmental disability who currently is or was in an institution.
- Immediate relative, parent or guardian of a person with a developmental disability who is or was in an institution.
- A representative of non-governmental or non-profit organization concerned with developmental disabilities.
- Agency representatives on the Council are determined by their agencies.
- Terms for all members are three years.
The Idaho Council on Developmental Disabilities members are expected to not only attend quarterly meetings in Boise, but participate in setting both five-year and yearly goals. As you consider whether you would like to be a part of the Council and its work, please review the following documents.
A Governor’s application must be completed and submitted with the Council application.
Submit the two required applications using one of these methods:
Attn: Council Applications
700 W. State Street, Suite 119
Boise, Idaho 83702
Please contact us for information on Membership.