The Council is comprised of 23 members. Individuals are appointed by the Governor for three-year terms, starting July 1 of each year. Representation is from the following:
- Six people with developmental disabilities
- Seven family members of people with developmental disabilities
- One guardian or relative of a person in an institution
- A representative of the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- A representative of the State Department of Education
- A representative of Title XIX – Medicaid
- A representative of Title V Maternal and Child Health
- A representative of the Office on Aging
- Idaho Center on Disabilities & Human Development Idaho’s University Center for Excellence or UCEDD)
- Disability Rights Idaho (Idaho’s Protection and Advocacy Agency)
- A local agency concerned with DD
- A non-governmental or private organization concerned with DD
- A non-profit organization concerned with DD
Current Council Members
|Bott, Ian James||Self-Advocate|
|Cunningham, Amy||Protection & Advocacy|
|Dawson, Lydia||Not for Profit|
|Evans, Art L.||Medicaid – Title XIX|
|Fodor, Julie A.||University Affiliated|
|Gassman-Sandoval, Anthony||For Profit Provider/Non Gov.|
|Hanchett, Nanna G||Vocational Rehab.|
|Hansen, Alan Jack||Self-Advocate|
|Hunt, Deedra||Commission on Aging|
|Lopez, Sarah||Maternal and Child Health – Title V|
|Moreno, Maria "Marilu" De Laluz||Parent|
|Petersen, Emily Lyn||Parent, Council CHAIR|
|Reff, Danielle “DR”||Self-Advocate VICE-CHAIR ’19-‘20|
|Saxe, Carly A.||Self-Advocate|
|Streagle, Karren||Dept. Of Education|
|Tuinstra, La Donna||Parent|
Christine Pisani, Executive Director
General administration and oversight of staff; federal and state legislative liaison; liaison to the National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities, the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, The Idaho Consortium for Idahoans with Disabilities, Community Care Advisory Council, Collaborative Workgroup on Adult Developmental Disability Service Redesign, Aging and Disability Resource Center, Community Advisory Committee with the Center on Disabilities and Human Development at the University of Idaho, Quality Assurance for Adult Self-Direction, Project Areas: Public Policy, Quality Assurance, Cultural Competence, Leadership Development, Dual Diagnosis, and Advocacy.
Tracy Warren, Program Specialist
Strategic Plan and Annual Reports, Project Areas: Person Centered Planning, Transition to Adulthood, Employment.
Richelle Tierney, Policy Analyst
Review and Analysis of Policy and Legislative Issues, Coordination of Statewide Advocacy Coalition.
Marieke Edwards, Research Analyst
Federal reporting and planning, data collection and analysis.
Trisha Hammond, Office Manager
Budgets, Grants/Contracts, Staff Support.